Happy Mother's Day in the voice of an autistic child

Silent I Love You

How do I tell her?
I want to so bad
She needs to know
So she won't be sad

I try to talk like my friends
Try to act like them too
They all know what they're doing
I don't fit in their crew

They use so many words
And they're so hard to learn
I have so much to say
I just need a turn

But no matter the struggles
No matter the troubles
There's always a place I can go

A place where it's great
I know she can relate
She loves me, and my little bro

When I retreat to my world
I know she'll be there
She's the one I will always let in

She's the one who can reach me
The one who can teach me
The one who always makes me grin

If I can't say it
How will she know?
She has to hear it
Before I grow

Although words cannot tell her
I don't need them too
She can tell from my hugs
Mommy, "I Love You!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Tree Institute